Can I apply for a spouse visa for my husband if I have been unemployed for 2.5 years and now have a high income? 4 Answers as of March 06, 2011

I am a US citizen and my husband is British. I was unemployed for 2.5 years, can I bring him to the USA now that I have a job with a very high income?

The short answer is yes, if you can independently verify that income. If you wish help in that petition for your husband, I would be pleased to help in the filing of your K-3 petition and application for adjustment of status, and you may contact me for an appointment via phone or e-mail.
Yes you can petition for your husband under a K-3 visa. Reference the financial which you need to be able to show under the affidavit of support, you can use a joint sponsor if needed. For a free consultation call my office.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Yes. File the family petition. After the approval of the family petition, the USCIS will transfer your file to the National Visa Center to start the consular processing. At that time, you will submit various documents and the affidavit of support. Make sure to have your last tax return, W-2, and your recent paystubs showing your new high income. Good luck.