Can I apply for residency? 4 Answers as of August 10, 2011

Been in this country since 1996 came here on a vistor's visa (stolen). Got married and applied for residency which was denied and labeled a sham, currently on deportation list. Married for 9 yrs to a U.S. citizen and have 2 children both whom are U.S. citizens. What are my chances of getting residency?

The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu | Mengjun Qiu
Your chances are very slim. However, if you voluntarily depart the US it will be much easier for you to come back, otherwise you will trigger the 10 year bar.
Virtually nil, i.e., none (in my opinion) if you're now on the deportation list. M.E.
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
So you've been ordered deported already? It wasn't clear. Apart from that, are you afraid to return to your country? You "stole a visa," and this is typical. While asylum might be out of the question, "Withholding" and "CAT" might both be possibilities, but you'd have to be in proceedings to get them. If you've already been ordered deported, you'd have to reopen your case first. "It's always smart to get a second opinion."
Your case may be reopened. You should definitely retain a lawyer to help you. You are welcome to contact us.