Can I apply for my fiance to get to the US if I am a permanent resident? 8 Answers as of September 07, 2012

I live in Las Vegas, NV and am 28 years old. I was married to an American citizen and we separated because it did not work out. I am a permanent resident of the USA and am now engaged to another girl out of state. Can I apply for her to get her to the state with no issues?

You cannot petition for her as a fiance while you are a permanent resident. You would need to either become a US citizen and petition for her as your fiance or get married and petition for her as your spouse.
Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
In your information, you stated that you are only "separated" from your spouse. In order for you to be in lawful marital relationship with someone else, you would first have to secure a divorce then go forward with a new marital relationship and any immigration sponsorship.
No you need to be a USC.
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
As long as there was no ruling of marriage fraud and the marriage is legitimate and you are not currently married to somebody else, you can begin the petition. However, it will take years unless you become a US Citizen. *Naturalization Application* The Naturalization Application must be filed. If done properly, it will take a few months to receive the fingerprinting notice, and then several more months to receive the naturalization interview to obtain U.S. Citizenship. Shortly thereafter, if approved, you will have the swearing in ceremony to become a U.S. Citizen. Please note that many people find themselves getting the application denied or being placed into deportation/removal proceedings because of past conduct.
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
You must be a US citizen to file a fiance petition. You will want to file for citizenship as soon as you are eligible to do so. In the meantime, you will want to determine if she has any options such as employment based visas.
    Coane and Associates
    Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
    No. Only USA citizens can petition for a fiance.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    As a permanent resident, you can petition for your fiancee only if you were to get married first.
    You can only petition for a fiance visa if you are a U.S. citizen. You also are currently married to another woman. Even assuming you were a U.S. citizen, you must be eligible to marry and therefore, would need to be divorced first.