Can I apply for my ex husbands pension? 1 Answers as of August 08, 2011

Can I apply for my, still living, ex-husbands pension if I declined it in my divorce settlement?The divorce was in Ohio and the pension would be through AFL CIO local 880.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
Probably not. The time to get a share of the pension was during the divorce process as a part of marital property. But there are exceptions. Please contact a local domestic relations attorney to discuss your question in detail.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 8/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: