Can I apply for a mortgage modification during foreclosure? 7 Answers as of September 18, 2013

I received notice but haven't appeared. I applied for modification a week before I receive notice and haven't head back about it yet. Still a valid application if I'm in foreclosure?

The application is valid, but it does not stop the foreclosure unless the mortgage company agrees to stop the foreclosure as part of the process.
Yes, but you have to call the bank at least once a week and it will normally take several months to get approved if you can even get approved.
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq.
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq. | Stacy Joel Safion
A modification application should stop the foreclosure process.
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
There is no legal reason that a lender cannot grant a modification during foreclosure or at any other time. But if the foreclosure process has already begun, a modification is unlikely. But you should definitely contact the lender and ask about the status of your application.
Pelsinger | Kenneth Pelsinger
Only the parties on the Note can apply for a mortgage modification, also you can included the income from others who may be just on the Mortgage and not on the Note and any other supporting income to pay for the Note. Remember you don't have to be in Foreclosure to apply to modify your Note on the property. Remember have someone always answer the Summons and Complaint even if you are applying for modification you always want to protect your rights against the Bank or you may have waived them.
    Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC
    Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC | Mark Cherry
    You cannot apply for the NJ Home keeper Program but you can apply for the Making Homes Affordable Program. If approved you may need to have the modification approved by the Bankruptcy Court.
    Yes it is a valid application whether it is a judicial or non- judicial foreclosure. But if it is a judicial foreclosure you had better appear or you will be defaulted.