Can I apply for immigration through VAWA? 8 Answers as of May 23, 2011

Can I apply for vawa if my boyfriend hit me when I was pregnant. He abused me emotionally.and physically. I have evidence like pictures. Court documents.medical records.witnesses. however, right now he is in prison.because. he had a lot of felonies. Can I be able to apply?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Unfortunately VAWA is good only if you are married. However if you are in immigration proceedings and the child is from your abusive boyfriend, then there might be a manner to regularize. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. We offer payment plans with no interest.
No, you cannot self petition under VAWA if you were not married or at least recently divorced from your alleged abuser who also would have to be either a U.S. citizen or greencard holder.
No I do not think so. VAWA applies to married or divorced people only. Sorry.
It sounds like you have a case. There are a lot of women's shelters and pro bono programs that will help you prepare papers if you cannot afford an attorney!
Unfortunately, you have to be married to the abuser and they must be a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident to file a self-petition (Form I-360) under VAWA. However, if you aided law enforcement in his prosecution you may be eligible to apply for a U visa.
    VAWA is designed for people like you. You should apply. If you need lawyer's help, you are welcome to contact us.
    Yes you have a very good case for VAWA, but you need to be married to this man, and he must be either an lawful permanent resident or a U.S. Citizen.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    You can not apply for VAWA because you were not married. VAWA if for those who were married to an abusive American citizen or Permanent resident spouse. However, you might be able to apply for a U visa if you helped the police in the investigation of the crime (of domestic violence against you).