Can I apply for a green card through marriage? Posted on July 26, 2011

I am currently working in Chicago under H-1b visa. I have a boyfriend whose divorce case is still pending in CA(he lives in CA). As his divorce case is complicated, it's taking a long time. We can't wait to live and make family together even if we can't marry now. I understand it's not the best idea, but I want to quit my job now and move to CA, marry him after his divorce case is over and apply for GC through marriage. Would it be complicated when I apply for GC after out of status for a while?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: