Can I apply for a green card if my wife is estranged? 2 Answers as of May 06, 2011

I'm married for 14 years and I have no legal papers to stay in the country; I overstayed by visa. I don't live or even talk to my wife. Can I still apply for a green card? Is there any other way to become legal?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
If you can prove you are abused spouse, you can petition yourself. If you need a lawyer, you are more than welcome to contact us.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/6/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes there can be. However, you will need the services f a very good attorney to look into your marriage history and see if there is any possibility for you to Apply for a green card based on that marriage. You will absolutely need a sponsor of some kind otherwise (another wife, child, employer, etc.). Start with a sponsor and the rest will fall in line. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: