Can I apply for a green card if my parents brought me to the US without papers when I was ten years old? 3 Answers as of September 17, 2017

My husband is a US citizen and I already have kids.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Significantly more information is needed in order to provide a legal analysis of how your U.S. citizen husband may be able to sponsor you for immigration benefits. This includes, for example, information about the date you entered the U.S., what immigration-related applications, if any, every before have been filed by or for you, etc. There really is no substitute for you and your husband to consult with an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant information, could advise about eligibilities, options and strategies to attain your goals, and who then could offer legal representation in the often complex application process.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/17/2017
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
Yes, your US Citizen husband may file a petition on your behalf, but since you entered the U.S. without a visa, you will have to file for an unlawful presence waiver. If your waiver is approved, you will need to go back to your home country but just for your interview and come back to the U.S. with your visa. You will certainly need an attorney for this.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/17/2017
The Law Office of David L. Leon
The Law Office of David L. Leon | David L. Leon
You can apply, but there are a few things to consider, such as presence, criminal history, entries, etc. You may need a waiver.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: