Can I apply for a green card after completing 5 years of residency? 3 Answers as of February 03, 2011

Can I apply for a green card after completing 5 years residency? What type of green card should I apply for? I am currently working in US.

One does not automatically have the privilege to be permanent residence after 5 years of living and working in US. How you can petition for green card depends on what your legal status is. You are welcome to contact us with specifics for us to assess your situation.
Are you talking about medical residency or some other type of residency? I would need a lot more details. You may contact me for a consultation as indicated below.
No you cannot apply for a Green Card merely because you lived in the U.S. for 5 years. To apply for a Green Card you must be petitioned by a qualifying family member, or being sponsor and petitioned through the Labor Certification and I-140 processing.