Can I apply for a green card? 5 Answers as of August 05, 2011

My father became a resident about 1 or 2 years ago he said he could not help me out by putting me on the case because I was not living in his house. Is it possible for. Me to try to get on the case?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
We need more information regarding your father's case.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/5/2011
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Your Father's case is now complete. He has his green card. You cannot be added to a case 2 years later.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/5/2011
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
I recommend you get second opinion from a another immigration attorney. If someone applied for your dad before April 30th, 2001, and you were a minor and physically present in the US in near the end of December, 2000, then you could be eligible to marry a US citizen (out of love) and pay $2,490 in filing fees, plus any lawyer's fees, and adjust status to get a green card. If you are not ineligibe for having left and returned to the US, have certain criminal convictions, etc. I'm sorry if the first thing I said does not apply. In the alternative, if your dad got a green card through marriage to a US citzen, and the marriage happened before you turned 18, then the US citizen could apply for you as their "child" even though you are just a step child. Either way, you don't need to be living with your dad. If he wants to sexually molest you, you might qualilfy for a U visa.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/5/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
It depends on how old you are and if you are married. Your father should get second opinions on immigration questions as your residence with him, does not generally affect the ability for him to have included you in his petition. It may be too late now to add you as a "following to join". Your father can always start the petition process for you, but there are backlogs in the FB-2 category.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/5/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Somebody has to sponsor you. An employer, a direct family member....
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: