Can I apply for citizenship without having to leave the country? 4 Answers as of May 06, 2011

My husband was brought over illegally from Mexico when he was 3 years old by his parents. His parents never applied for any documentation for him. He went to school in and graduated in CA. We have been married for 9 years and have 2 children. The children and I are us citizens. Is there any way we can get him his citizenship/documentation/anything without him having to leave the country? 

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
There are ways of doing it but not based on the question you posed. The answer here will have to no. He will have to go get his immigrant visa outside the US if you were to file for him as a spouse of a USC. That is in fact the way to do it. I don't believe that he will have to spend too much time in Mexico waiting for his waiver to be decided if he is a person of good moral character. Do consult with competent counsel to explore what other options there are to accomplish your goal. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/6/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Probably not, but you might wish to arrange for a consultation on the situation with a local attorney in your area who handles immigration matters.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/5/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
If he came illegally, that's a problem. You may have a defense if he is put in a deportation process. Yet, it is not something easy to fix. You need to work with a lawyer to analyze your situation.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: