Can I apply for citizenship with a felonious driving and a misdemeanor conviction? 1 Answers as of April 11, 2011

I have a felony for felonious driving and also I have a misdemeanor for retail fraud. Its been five years from my convictions. For my felony I only served 1 year of probation and for my misdemeanor. I only had to pay fines. I want to become a U.S citizen to petition for my husband of 2 years. I want to know what my chances are of becoming a U.S citizen and if I can petition my husband. Since my convictions I have had good behavior. I was convicted in 2006 please help. Thank you.

If USCIS discovers your retail fraud conviction, it could result in your being placed in removal proceedings since this crime appears to be what immigration authorities would consider a crime of moral turpitude, i.e., theft and sufficient to get you deported.