Can I apply for citizenship since I have been a resident since December 2009? 3 Answers as of April 23, 2015

I have been a resident of the United States for 5 years and four months. My U.S citizen husband has left me for another woman and we are starting divorce processes soon. What is going to happen with my green card? Thanks for your help.

you are absolutely correct. You qualify for citizenship since you have been a legal resident for at least 5 years. So, I will urge you to apply for US citizenship right now without delay.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Assuming you have removed the condition, nothing will happen to your immigration status. You can apply for US citizenship by yourself now.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Sorry to hear that your and your husband are divorcing, but if you have been a Permanent Resident since 2009 your separation or divorce will not stand in the way of your eligibility to apply now to become a naturalized U.S. citizen.