Can I apply for the citizenship while I have divorce case at the court? 9 Answers as of August 08, 2013

I am holding green card for more than 5 years, but I have divorce case in court from the Pearson who is American citizen.

LAW OFFICES OF S. OUYA MAINA | SAMUEL OUYA MAINA
Yes you may.
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC | Shiv K. Kapoor
Yes, you can still apply for citizenship. The divorce won't affect your application. If the divorce is finalized while your application is pending, then you will need to update the application and submit a copy of the divorce decree.
If you have had your green card for more than 5 years, you can apply for citizenship under the 5 year rule. Your divorce should not be a problem.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
If you have had your green card for 5 years, and if you meet all other requirements for naturalization, you can file your N-400 application even if you are planning to or have actually divorced your wife. Since your application is being filed 5 years after you got your green card, it is not necessary for you to remain married to your US citizen wife through whom you got the green card. As you may be aware, you can file for US citizenship within 3 years of getting green card. In such a situation, you must still be married to your wife. This is not the situation in your case. But you must note that during the interview, the CIS officer may ask questions about your marriage and divorce. How you respond to these questions may determine if your case is approved. As such, I suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You may apply at this point.