Can I apply for a 2 Year Home Residency Waiver if I'm out of Status? Posted on July 06, 2011

I am a J-1 holder, my visa ended on March 2011. I applied for Extension of Status after my visa ended. I also applied for a 2-year home residency waiver because I want to marry my American boyfriend. I do not want to live in my home country Turkey for 2 years because I'm in love. No government paid for my program and I've never had any problems with the law. Can I file a waiver while I’m out of status? Can I regain status by applying for extension? Thanks

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: