Can I appeal sex offender registration in Georgia? 2 Answers as of January 04, 2011

Can we appeal sex offender registration? Husband is disabled; had heart transplant; served 1 year in prison and is homeless because his name is not on deed of house we bought in 2008 therefore address not in compliance. This leaves him homeless. What can we do?

While your inquiry did not provide enough information to make a complete assessment, I would encourage you to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your community to see if any relief or options are available. Perhaps you could discuss all the facts with an attorney and a viable option may become available. In the event he cannot afford an attorney, you any choose to contact Georgia Legal Services in your community. Good luck!
You can always hire an attorney and appeal on the basis of a hardship, but the climate is one where few want to hear that it is hard for a sex offender to adjust to life after prison.