Can I appeal for mercy law to get out of prison? 3 Answers as of July 18, 2011

My daughters mother died and I am incarcerated. Can I appeal for a mercy law? I am in jail for grand theft auto.

You can ask for anything you like. Getting it is not likely, but is possible in the right circumstances. Youll need to file an appropriate motion in court requesting it, supported by proper facts, legal arguments, procedures followed, etc. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Understand that you will be paying to roll the dice with a clear warning that no assurance of success is given. Whether you do this or not, you should immediately try to arrange for a family member or trusted friend to get temporary guardianship and custody of the child. You have the right to officially appoint one. .
You can ask that you be allowed to go to the services.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
If you are in county jail you can appeal for a compassionate release to attend the funeral or beyond that. If you are in state prison there is an entirely different process. Either way you will need to assistance of a criminal defense attorney to help you.