Can I adopt my boyfriends daughter and get her a visa? 2 Answers as of June 20, 2011

Im a u.s. Citizen his not, can I adopt his daughter to bring her to u.s., or should we get married, and try to do somethig to bring her she is 12 yrs old, and how long it takes the process. Were not married but have kids togwther, and been together for years. Thanks for ur help

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
You can bring them both here through either the fiance or immigrant visa process. I usually recommend the immigrant visa process as the timing is about the same but that is a bit cheaper and has the advantage of having your fiance have the right to work upon arrival. I would be happy to discuss the pros and cons of the two processes, fees, procedures, timing, etc. if you want to contact me directly as indicated below.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/20/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
You can apply for a fiance visa or you can get married and bring child. Contact a lawyer ASAP.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: