Can I adopt a child from outside of the United State? Posted on July 19, 2011

I am a 39 year old single female living in TX. I met an orphan in India 14 years ago and instantly loved him. Through a miraculous series of events, we have recently been reunited. He is now 25 years old & married, but he still calls me mom after all these years. Is there any legal way I can adopt him? He will continue to live in India, but he wishes to have my last name. I have read about the laws concerning international adoptions in India for minors, but I can't find anything about adult adoption. Thank you so much for your help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: