Can I adjust my staus if I was convicted of a misdemeanor? 4 Answers as of June 10, 2011

I have a misdemeanor accessory conviction relating to drugs that's been over for a long time and I want to do a adjustment of status. Can I adjust my status with this background?

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You can only obtain your residency if the conviction involved a one time possession of under 30 grams of marijuana. Any other drug, or a higher amount of marijuana will disqualify you.
It depends on the state criminal statue, the actual charge, maximum sentence possible and the court order. Get this information and consult with an experienced immigration attorney that knows your states criminal code.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Maybe. Much more information about you and the conviction are necessary. Contact an immigration lawyer.
This will depend on what kind of drugs were involved. Obtain a certified record including your charge, plea and final disposition. You can get this at the court where you had to go for your case. Make an appointment with a competent immigration attorney who specializes in criminal convictions and have them look at this for you. You really need to do this as even a misdemeanor can be a serious issue.