Can I adjust my status without an I-94? 2 Answers as of April 13, 2011

I'm trying to adjust my status, but I lost my I-94. I was hoping getting information from the air line on which I travel to us to prove that I came here legally?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
No, you can't adjust status without I-94 because you can't go beyond the law. However, you can obtain copy of I-94 by filing with USCIS. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/13/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
You have the burden to prove you were admitted and inspected. If you lost your I-94 you should file an I-102 to try and obtain a replacement. Also, if you entered with a passport, the CBP/INS usually also stamps your passport with your entry date and location. This can be used to show legal admission. If this does not work, they you will have to show your admission by other means, such as showing you had a visa, airline records, and affidavits of individuals who picked you up at the airport, etc.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: