Can I adjust my status if I came to the US with a tourist visa and expired? 4 Answers as of February 18, 2011

Can I adjust my status if I came to the US with a tourist visa and stayed here, been living here for more than 11 years and have a University degree and been paying taxes?

Sorry, none of those great deeds will help you with a green card. If you happen to be in love with a citizen and marry (you need to bear the burden to prove so), you will be able to adjust status.

Please bear in mind you have to prove the case. You may want to use professional help from a lawyer. Please feel free to contact us.
Yes, it may be possible if you entered with a proper visa and are able to now have someone in a position to sponsor your application/adjustment of status (either family or employment based).
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
It is not possible to answer this without more information from you.

It appears that you have accumulated many years of overstay status. That could damage the possibility to get legal.
It depends on why you are applying to adjust your status. If based on marriage to a U.S. Citizen, yes you can adjust your status even if out of status. If based on a petition by someone else (ex. Green Card holder spouse, employer, etc.), no you cannot adjust your status. The fact you have a university degree or have been paying taxes is not relevant.