Can I add my father to my tax return? 2 Answers as of March 09, 2011

I applied for my father to come to the USA. But he is still waiting for the processing. I think he will be here next year. So, can I add my father for the tax return without Social Security card? My father is still in China and I am single now.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Meyer & Yee, LLP
Meyer & Yee, LLP | Kent W. Meyer
If he meets the test for a dependent you can take a deduction for him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/9/2011
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
You cannot add your father as a dependent unless he is in the US and has a social security #.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 3/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: