Can he join the military with a DUI? 1 Answers as of August 25, 2010

A friend of mine just got a DUI. He was speeding after we went out to the bars. He has never been in trouble like this before. He was planning on joining the military soon and had been to the recruiter pretty recently. Is there a way that a lawyer could help get him into the military still?

The Law Office of Denis White
The Law Office of Denis White | Denis Hurley White Jr.
To the best of my knowledge, the military will not accept anyone that is on probation. I do not have enough information to tell you how the case will be resolved. If, however, he can't find a way to beat the case, sometimes the DA and the court will agree to shorten and terminate probation upon successful completion of all the penalties. He will have to check with the recruiter to see if this will allow him to enlist.