Can he get a felony removed from his record in Colorado? 2 Answers as of January 04, 2011

My fiance has a felony on his record from 3 years ago. He paid the fines and did his community service all within the times given. We have been researching ways to expunge his record and what we would have to do to make that possible. Thank You.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Anderson & Carnahan
Anderson & Carnahan | Stephen Anderson
If he was convicted of a felony or misdemeanor the record cannot be sealed, however, if he received a deferred sentence he may possibly petition the court to seal his record.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 1/4/2011
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
In Colorado only two types of cases can be sealed - ones where the charges ended up completely dismissed (including after successful completion of a deferred sentence) and the other being minor drug offenses that are over ten years old. If his case fits in one of those categories he may be able to seal the records. Forms and information on record sealing can be found at:
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 1/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: