Can he demand a paternity test to prove that they are his children before paying child support? Posted on February 04, 2011

I'm the girlfriend of a guy who's going through a nasty divorce from a woman who is a piece of work. This woman cheated on him numerous time on him with both sex, stole his financial information to buy stuff, did drugs and emotionally and physical abused him. My question is about the two boys they have together. My guy knows that his oldest isn't his but he didn't know this until after he was born and a year old. She was already 3 months pregnant when they got together but she didn't tell him. Now he's wondering if his youngest is even his. He never sought a paternity test because he didn't want to know because regardless of everything, they're his kids. Now that they're separated and going through with the divorce and with her demanding money from him even though nothing is drawn on paper, is he able to file a paternity suit and have the real father of the boy pay the child support? Mind you, the woman doesn't work, had been collecting unemployment until recently and has no desire to find work to support herself. She is still doing drugs though she went to rehab and now trying to have another child with a man she just started dating who doesn't even work. Me being dragged into this, I dont want my guy having to give what hard money that he has earned to a woman who is too lazy to do anything and only cares about how she gets her money. I think that the real father of the boy should be the one to be paying child support especially if she knows who he is and friends with him.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: