Can he come visit me with a visitor visa while is I130 is pending? 3 Answers as of September 18, 2014

My husband is overseas in Europe and I am in the US. We just recently got married and I put in his I130. I put that in 3 months ago and it is still pending (waiting for the approval). He wants to get a visa to a different country such as Germany to go work there until he can come to the USA, but will that affect his pending I130 and cause that to be denied? Will it make USCIS raise red flags to why he wants to travel to a different country while awaiting to come to the US?

Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
Generally speaking, the application for a visitor visa has no effect on a pending I-130.
He cannot come to the U.S. And there will be flags if he works in Germany.
Nouri Law Corporation
Nouri Law Corporation | Faith Nouri, Esq.
When you have an I-130 pending, it means your husband has an intent to immigrate. Obtaining or traveling as a tourist is not advisable unless the pending I-130 is fully disclosed. Yet, your husband is unlikely to be able to travel as a tourist until his immigrant process is complete and he obtains his visa, as your husband.