Can he apply a change of status from B1 to H1 while he is in US, work and get to pay slips and go to Canada or India for stamping? 1 Answers as of September 11, 2014

My friend is on B1/B2 Visa which I94 expires in December 2014. He has H1B approval to work from October 1st 2014.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Your friend can apply for a change of status, but he would not be eligible to work until the change of status is approved.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/11/2014
Click to View More Answers: