Can having a baby be cause my immigration process to be expedited? 4 Answers as of June 21, 2011

I am recently married to a USA citizen, and we are having a baby due in two months. I am doing my immigration and i need to have my EAD i-785 expedited so i can support my family.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I am going to make some assumptions in order to respond to your question since marrying a USC in and of itself does not entitle you to a Work Permit. Assuming that you came to the US with a visa and that you already filed an adjustment of status packet (that's when you file everything at the same time), then your I-765 EAD will be processed in the time that is prevalent in your jurisdiction. Now, if you are already working in order to support your family (with the USC that you married), you will be forgiven that indiscretion seeing that you are a USC's immediate relative. By law, you will receive your EAD within 90 days, usually less than that. In the jurisdiction I am in, it only takes 3 to 6 months tops to get a green card with a flawless application. If you do not get your EAD after the 90 days and there is no further requests from USCIS in order to complete processing it, then you can do an infopass appointment and request your EAD that way through a face-to-face with an Officer. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
No unfortunately having a baby will not expedite your I-765 application.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/20/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
If you could, all people need to do is to have babies. Unfortunately, it is just big wishful thinking.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: