Can harassment charges be charged against me because I am seeking child support? 1 Answers as of November 18, 2011

I just found out that my son’s father has filed harassment charges against me because I filed for child support. But since he has filed harassment charges against me he has been calling me and coming to my house to get my son. I've been meeting him places for him to get our son. I was wondering how he can file charges like that against me when I never harassed him. He has friends that work at the police department so I know they would support his claim.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC
The Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC | Elizabeth Zwiebel
Child support is an obligation that must be paid. If he is saying you are harassing him, I suggest you hire an attorney to file the appropriate paperwork. He will be required to answer in court why he is not paying his child support. You probably need to separate yourself from this issue by employing an attorney to seek child support on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 11/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: