Can H4 visa holders name be on home title? 3 Answers as of April 16, 2015

My husband is on a H1 visa and I am on a H4 visa. We plan on buying a house soon in Texas but only my husband's name will be on the mortgage loan. Can my name be on the home title?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Foreigners can buy houses in the US, but I don't know if they can obtain financing. You will need to speak to your real estate broker.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/16/2015
McKenzie,Wilkes & Mahmoud | Henry Nasif Mahmoud
You H4 status does not prevent you from being on a mortgage loan. You both are here on temporary visas. Who told you that you were not able to be on the mortgage? Who told you that you would not be able to be on the deed. In fact you can be on the deed, but only have his name on the mortgage.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/14/2015
Law Offices of Peter S. Kollory | Peter S. Kollory
Yes. You can have your name on the deed even if you are not employable to be on the loan/mortgage.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 4/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: