Can a green card holder ever not be allowed to be a citizen? 1 Answers as of April 11, 2011

I came in the United States through my dad who petitioned me. I was accepted and was issued a green card 5 years ago. I applied for my citizenship and the interviewer said that i disqualified myself for a citizenship because I got married before i got my visa, but the US consulate issued me a visa. I am here in California living now as a permanent resident. Will it affect my green card if i got denied of my application for citizenship?

If you obtained your immigrant visa based on being unmarried (ex. you were a derivative beneficiary, or were unmarried son/daughter of LPR or USC), but in fact were married when you visa was issued, or got married before you entered the US, then you were not eligible for your Green Card. Not only will you Naturalization application be denied, but the USCIS will likely commence removal proceedings to deport you from the U.S. since you were not eligible for the Green Card you received. This is a matter that you need to speak to an immigrant attorney about as soon as possible.