Can a friend sue me for money given? 3 Answers as of May 19, 2014

I have (had) a friend that helped me out during a difficult financial situation. I asked if he wanted it paid back, he said no. No contract or agreement was made, or signed. My guess is that he did that hoping I would return romantic feelings for him. I made it clear that would never happen and he insists he wants me for a friend. Now that I'm back on my feet and dating a man, he blows up at me, saying he's always loved me and now it's time I paid him back. He's threatened to contact my friends and put a lien on a house that I consigned with my mom on so she could have a house to live in. I again insisted that there was no contract, or agreement that it was a loan and needed to be paid back. The total amount is roughly $10,000.

You took $ 10,000 from someone that was interested in you. No jury will think that it was a gift gift. YES, he can sue. and you should be made to return every dime.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
I have seen it happen
You need to pay him back and cut all ties.