Can a foreigner with DWI charges leave the country? 1 Answers as of August 13, 2011

Can a foreigner person with a DWI charges leave the country and walk in and out the USA without any trouble, or does the person needs to wait for the court verdict? Critical note is that the bail bond approved that the person is allowed to leave the country and come back for court-day. Will the person be flagged at border patrol?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
The best way to handle this is to get your lawyer to file a motion to travel and have the judge sign an order. The original goes on file in the clerk's file and the client takes a certified copy with him in the event he is stopped coming back into the country. You might want to provide a copy to the consulate for the defendant's country, too. (I had a client recently travel to China and back with felony injury to a child charges pending. We had gotten such an order. He had no problems going out or coming in, but we had the order on file in the event there were a problem.)
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: