Can a foreign fugitive receive pardon? 1 Answers as of September 15, 2017

A friend was arrested 12 years ago for child neglect without great harm. It was a felony case. She asked a person to watch over her son in her flat but after 3 hours, she came back and was arrested because the 10 year old child was found home alone. She was a tourist with multiple entry visa. Her son is a US citizen. The court decided to put her in a mental facility saying she have a Chronic Schizophrenia. She ran off from her probation for the fear of confinement. She made it back home to her country as a missionary. She has a warrant now she's thinking of writing to the US Marshall's online to surrender and hope to ask for pardon. Will they ask for her to go back to the US and face jail time? In court, she lied and said she was a US Citizen for fear of being deported and losing a chance to be with her child. The court then didn't ordered deportation. She is a very good person, just a victim of bad circumstances trusting another person to care for her son. She was a single mother. She left for a business meeting. She has never had an arrest record and is a God fearing woman. She is hoping that she will not be arrested in her home country after she writes to US Marshalls, explaining her side of story and her apology for running. Will US Marshall have her arrested and taken back? She's a foreign national will that be their decision? Will they let her go because her offence is not as bad and it's only a child neglect without harm case? Will that letter she will send as form of surrender do her good? She's worried about her being on warrant. She wants to clear her name because she's a good hearted person. Will there be a chance that they will not take her in custody anymore because she's a foreigner and it's a minimal case? Can she get her name cleared and the warrant will longer be there? Will court decide to close case after her written confessions and asking for pardon?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Whenever there is a warrant for someone, that someone needs to hire an attorney, a private criminal defense attorney. Nothing will be done for her until she hires an attorney. She should not write to the US Marshall's office.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/15/2017
Click to View More Answers: