Can a fingerprint convict someone of stealing something from the home they work in (maid, nanny, care-giver, etc.)? 2 Answers as of October 04, 2017

Can a fingerprint convict someone if it is on the object the stolen object was taken out of? The fingerprints would be everywhere, as it is the person’s work place. Could the cops use that fingerprint to come up with a new suspect? They have asked me to come in for finger print scanning. I am afraid it will match and they could simply use that to convict me, with no other evidence.

You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops and go voluntarily for a fingerprint scanning. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later. Don't get tricked into going. Hire a lawyer.
There is no reason that such evidence might not be so used. Of course the prints would have to be found in a place to which one did not have legal access.