Can a fiancé file for a CR1 from the US after getting married? 2 Answers as of March 14, 2011

So I need some info on this subject of married in the US and filing for cr1 after they are married. But need to know how and how much and if she may stay here and can they get married.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Your fiance and you should get married as a matter of love and principle. And afterward, if your fiance crossed into the U.S. legally, then you can file for her as an immediate relative, as your wife, once the petition is filed, she can continue to stay in the country, while your petition is approved, and she files for adjustment of status (green card). The government fees are about $1,400-1,900 and the attorney's fees are about $2,000, which is much lower than what experienced lawyers will normally charge. The actual fees may be less, depending on the facts of your matter. If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to call or e-mail to set up a consultation, which will be done by phone or in person.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/14/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Yes, an I-130 Petition can be filed for someone in the US after they get married. If the person was admitted and inspected the last time they came in to the US, they can also file for adjustment of status along with the I-130 petition and both we will processed together. The person can remain in the U.S. while the petition and application are pending. If the I-130 and adjustment of status are approved, the person will be granted Conditional Permanent Residence.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: