Can a felon live in the same house as a medical cannabis card owner? 5 Answers as of May 25, 2011

If there is a felon living in a house where a medical cannabis owner is growing their plants will the felon get penalized for this?

Technically no, not if everything is legal. But it's obviously a recipe for possible disaster.
It depends on the conditions of his parole. I would let the PO know of the situation.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Probably depends upon the conditions of his release from prison and how his parole officer interprets them. If he went to prison for drug related offenses then I doubt that he can be around drug use even though it may be legal for the person he lives with. My advice would be live somewhere else.
If the felon has a parole or probation officer, ask their opinion, as they would be the ones to bust you for violation. Living there the felon would be in the presence of criminal conduct and could be charged with drug possession and conspiracy. Drugs are illegal under state and federal law, and federal law enforcement merely laughs at the Politically Correct fiction of the state medical card you are referring to in your question.
Though the felon might not be in much danger of a cultivation charge, the Parole Board (Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation) might not approve. A violation of parole is punishable by a return to prison of up to one year.