Can the father file before baby is born? 2 Answers as of September 21, 2017

He is in another state. Would mom have to come to another state for custody hearing?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
He has to wait to file until the baby is born and the filing has to be in the state in which the child lives.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/21/2017
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
The case should be filed in the state where the child will be born. You can file in the state where the mother resides. If the father files in another state you can ask that the case be transferred or dismissed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/20/2017
Click to View More Answers: