Can a DUI charge be dropped for incorrect information on the police report? 12 Answers as of April 03, 2014

When I went to pick up my car from the impound, they couldn't find it and it turned out that the model and year of the car were wrong even though I had the registration. Could that get my case dismissed?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC | Thomas A. Medford, Jr.
Based on what you have said I do not believe it is enough to get the case dismissed but you can always consult an attoney on the matter.
Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
Replied: 4/3/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Probably NOT, unless the vehicle you were driving was not a motor vehicle at all.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/2/2014
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Probably not since it could be called a scrivener's error. But if they got a lot of other things wrong then it may help.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/2/2014
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
FYI every police report contains incorrect information. You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/2/2014
Torni Gaudenzi Law, PLLC
Torni Gaudenzi Law, PLLC | Tracy Torni Gaudenzi
This is unlikely.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/2/2014
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!