Can a DUI be removed from my record? How? 10 Answers as of June 04, 2015

When I was 17, I was convicted of a DUI. That was 9 years ago, but I believe it is affecting my ability to get a job. Is there a way to remove it from my record? I am such a different person now, I do not think it should keep haunting me.

I don't know if you can get an OWI expunged, but I think not. Consult a lawyer who advertises that s/he does drunk driving defence.
No, because subsequent DUI charges carry with them more severe penalties.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
In Missouri, it is possible to get a first-time misdemeanor DUI conviction expunged from your record if 10 years have passed since the conviction date and you have had no other alcohol-related law enforcement contacts during that 10-year period. It involves a hearing before a judge, so I suggest you hire an attorney to represent your son if you choose this route, rather than trying to do it yourself.
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
Guilty pleas of DUIs cannot be remove from your record, however since you were under 18, it is likely a juvenile offense which will not be disclosed. You should speak with a criminal lawyer where you received the charges to see if they can help. Good luck.
In California, DUIs remain on your DMV record for 10 years and cannot be expunged from your DMV record. The DUI convictions may be expunged from the court records, at the discretion of a judge, but can still be used as enhancements for future DUI filings and convictions.