Can a driving incident be considered an assault with a deadly weapon? 7 Answers as of November 05, 2010

I was driving slowly looking for an address and a car kept honking and revving its engine, impatient. He rammed into my bumper, found space to drive around me and sped off. We got the license. But can this be considered assault with a deadly weapon? Do we just need police?

If intentional such an act can certainly be an assault with a deadly weapon, to wit an automobile. If you wish to contact the police it is up to you.
This would be hit and run. Contact the police.
Law Office of Marc Grossman
Law Office of Marc Grossman | Paul Thomsen
It is an assault. You could initiate a civil suit. There is really no point as there is little to no harm/injury suffered. More importantly, it is a hit and run. Contact the police.
You should call the police to report it, and your insurance company. Additionally, you can have a civil claim against him for monetary damages. An attorney can help you with the civil portion of it. To bring criminal charges against someone, you report it to the police, and the District Attorney or City Attorney presses charges.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Yes it can be considered an assault with a deadly weapon.
    It is a crime, and which one is charged is up to the DA to decide, based upon all the facts. If serious, report it to the police and demand prosecution.