Can a domestic violence informal probation case be transferred to another state? 2 Answers as of October 14, 2014

How can this probation get transferred as soon as possible? The person on probation has nowhere to live. I've been paying for a hotel room to keep a roof over his head, but can't do much longer.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Approval must be sought with the probation department and the judge.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/14/2014
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
It CAN, but that doesn't mean it will. Both your current probation department and the one you want to transfer it to has to agree to it as well as the judge. Talk about this with your PO. You may need to get a lawyer involved to make the transition happen.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/14/2014
Click to View More Answers: