Can DMV require that one attend the program although I did straight time in California? 4 Answers as of November 09, 2012

I had a DUI conviction 6-28-02 and was sentenced to diversion. I did not sign up or attend so I was rearrested and charged with failure to complete the program and did 90 days straight time. Now, DMV is saying that I need a certificate of completion for diversion and I don’t have it for obvious reasons.

If it was condition of your probation you had to do it. Or if you wanted your license back one day even if it was not a condition of probation you need to do it although there would be no reason for a warrant to be out. If it really was straight time and no probation the issuance of a warrant is likely a mistake.
CAN they? Yes they can, if in accordance with their policies and rules. You were ordered to do a program as a condition of re-issuance of license. That condition still remains. Do the program whenever you want to get back the license.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You did not say why the DMV suspended your license so I cannot answer your question.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
The California Superior Court and the Department of Motor Vehicles are two totally separate entities. If you lose your driver's license as a result of the Admin Per Se hearing and the DMV requires that you take a 3 month alcohol class in order to get your driver's license, then you must do it. Regardless of the disposition of your criminal case.