Can the district attorney drop charges against me? 2 Answers as of August 18, 2011

I confessed to taking money from my employer, I went to police station and they made a report and employer made report against me. I was told my case was at DA's office about a month ago. I have paid half the money back and have been completely cooperative. I dont know what to do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
You made a confession so at this time the best you can do is continue to make amends with the employer who will hopefully not press the issue. The DA has discretion to continue the case once filed even if your employer objects or does not desire to proceed, but your employer's desires are taking into account.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/18/2011
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Have you been charged? If so, you need a lawyer to represent you. The DA can drop charges (or not file them so you might be better off to get a lawyer regardless of whether or not you have been charged.) Keep up whatever bargain you made about making restitution and finishing paying it off - the sooner the better usually (but follow the lawyer's advice first.) You might also want to contact a bondsman to keep a lookout for a warrant so you can make a non arrest bond.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: