Can disbursement begin after the final accounting has been pre-approved? 4 Answers as of July 01, 2015

At the last hearing, the final accounting was pre-approved to the hearing. Can't disbursement begin?

WFB Legal Consulting, Inc.
WFB Legal Consulting, Inc. | William F. Bernard
A final account and petition for distribution can be filed by the Personal Representative when there are sufficient funds available to pay all debts and taxes, the time for filing creditors' claims has expired, and the estate is in a condition to be closed.
Normally, the order approving is not signed until the hearing date, or a few days after. It would be appropriate to wait until the order is in hand before making distribution.
LAW OFFICE OF ROBERT I LONG
LAW OFFICE OF ROBERT I LONG | Robert I. Long
I'm not sure what you mean by "pre-approve." In my experience an account is approved or not. There is no intervening pre-approval step. If the account has been approved then, normally, yes, distribution can go forward, but the order may require something else be completed before distribution, such as filing a tax return. Note that some distributions may be "in kind," meaning the asset itself is distributed, not just cash. This can result in the heirs or beneficiaries receiving an undivided interest in certain assets such as real estate.
Yes, after the Order for Distribution issues.