Can a defendant avoid or refuse to be served a summons and are there any options to address this? 1 Answers as of September 09, 2016

My husband and I have been separated for almost two years. I filed for a final divorce but he is avoiding to be served. I tried methods like registered mail, professional private server but he is not even answering his door. I know this is intentional. He is playing delaying-tactics for seasons best known to him. He changed jobs so I don’t know his place of employment but he I know he still lives in our marital home.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
You need an attorney to file a Motion for Substitute Service.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 9/9/2016
Click to View More Answers: