Can custodial parent take me off child support and then put me back on it again in the future? 3 Answers as of August 25, 2014

I pay weekly court ordered child support for my 2 children. I have court ordered weekend visitation rights. My children's mother wants to move them to another state. She agrees to take me off child support and I pay her directly and to sign a legal document my lawyer will draft up stating she will never put me on child support again. Can she find a loop hole in taking my children without my consent? And can she, in the future still find a way to put me on child support even thought she signed the agreement?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Provda Law Firm
Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
This would only happen if the court agrees to even take you off child support, contact an attorney.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/25/2014
Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
Child support can never be waived for ever in NY. While she might agree to vacate a child support Order today, she can bring on a new request for one almost immediately. You are better off seeking to prevent the move and work out something that should be more enforceable, although you never stated your position concerning the proposed move and whether or not you are seeing the children on a regular basis, all very relevant on these issues.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/25/2014
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
In most States child support CANNOT BE WAIVED; especially if there is a chance that the children may be the subject of the receipt of public funds (i.e.: welfare, food stamps, etc.). Prior to giving your Ex permission to relocate, I suggest you speak with an attorney who is knowledgeable in relocation and support case.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 8/25/2014
Click to View More Answers: