Can CPS take my kid if have a closed CPS case? 5 Answers as of April 30, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
Yes, but only if they open a new case. When you say "closed," do you mean that the court terminated jurisdiction in the case? If so, they have to file a new petition and seek to detain the minors.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/30/2014
Borzilleri Law Office | Christine Borzilleri
If CPS has a new reason, suspecting neglect or abuse, for example, they can remove the child. They cannot remove the child based only on the fact that there was a case.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 4/29/2014
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Not unless they opened it again or there is a new complaint.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/28/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
New kid or old one. New one, probably not unless there is another complaint. Of course if the hospital knows of drug use while pregnant, that might go it. For the old kid, maybe if you haven't complied with their requirements, but again, I would think that a complaint would be necessary first.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 4/28/2014
Law Office of William Stoddard | William Stoddard
Yes. If new grounds, even if they look like the ones from the past are reported, they are obligated to take the child(ren.) I recommend once your case is closed you relocate. You are never sure who reported on it before. Moving helps you and the children make a new start. I presume if went in your favor and the kids were returned. If you had to do services, that is all in your favor.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/28/2014
Click to View More Answers: